Arts and Dannas

June 2, 2008

I finally got my hand carders- which I have been waiting for since november(!) Although I didn't buy them from the place I ordered them, as they never called me about them. I checked with them multiple times before giving up too.

No, I got my brand new Ashford Hand Carders from The Spinning Loft in Howell, Mi. Pictures do not do justice to how packed that place is with lovely fibery goodness! They had everything from silk to raw wool to dehaired alpaca to bamboo, seacell, and so on! I took a little trip out there with my mom a few weekends ago and we literally spend two hours in there, playing with everything.
I don't know how I managed it, but I got away with only spending $7. (my mom bought me the carders as a late xmas gift)
I ended up getting 2oz of Black Diamond, which is carbonized bamboo. Also they had glitz there! Pretty cheap too, comparing what prices I've seen online. I got the rest of the white/blue, which was only .3 oz- but i think there's plenty to last!!


As for what I was thinking along the lines for my cousins wedding- I've just decided to crochet her a ripple blanket using the 'soft waves' pattern from the 200 Ripple Stitches book. I'm pulling colors that are used in the wedding and the reception, so it's just a bunch of blues and greens with a teeny bit of purple thrown in for good measure.

And another blanket will be in the works after I get the ripple done- For another friends wedding in October. Her colors are watermelon and brown so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment